I love these Gingerbread Snack Bars because they’re not too sweet and are full of festive flavors. They’re also nicely portable and can be frozen for long term storage. And they’re vegan, and gluten-free (if you use gluten-free flour and gluten-free oats).
They are also chock full of molasses which is great for growing organic cannabis, and happens to be great for you too.
The health benefits of molasses include relief from menstruation-related problems, obesity, diabetes, stress, cancer, enlarged prostate, acne and other skin ailments, constipation, headaches and anemia. It also helps to improve bone health, electrolyte balance, hair care, sexual health, functioning of the nervous system, and wound healing. Molasses also helps to strengthen the immune system, maintain healthy levels of hemoglobin and aid in the formation of new cells in the body. – Organic Facts
So, lets get started with his great-for-you recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt and combine:
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/3 Cup Organic Molasses
2 Tbls. Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Raw Sugar
3. In a food processor, pulse:
1 1/2 Cups Oats
until you have a mix of whole and ground oats.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine:
3/4 Cup Flour
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ginger Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries or Currants
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until combined.
6. Scoop the dough into the prepared pan, cover with a second peice of parchment paper, and press until mixture is evenly spread out.
7. Bake for 20-25 Minutes, until firm.
Cool for 30 minutes before slicing into 8 bars.
8. In a medium mixing bowl, combine maple icing ingredients:
2 T Cashew Butter
1 T Maple Syrup
2 tsp. Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
8. Scoop Maple Icing into a sandwich baggie and snip off the bottom
corner. Cut into 8 equal bars. Evenly distribute Maple Icing on each bar. Serves 8 based on 1tsp doses.
This recipe is featured in High for the Holidays if you’re looking for more recipes like this one!
Check out more about Wake+Bake and sign up for our recipes and advices about cooking with cannabis.