It's time to tackle today's Q+A question…
“How do I quit my dead end job and make a decent living in the cannabis industry without becoming a budtender? BTW, I’m way over 40.”
In the video below, I'll show you:
- Why being what I like to call a “green rush grunt” (a budtender, trimmer, or grower) probably won't give you the impact or the income you're looking for in the Cannabis Industry.
- How starting complex cannabis businesses – like dispensaries, edibles companies, or grow operations – can get you stuck in the mud with high overhead and heavy regulations.
- An alternative path: becoming what I like to call a “Cannabis Wellness Pioneer” like a cannabis coach, educator, speaker or content creator is SO much more fun (and sustainable) than doing anything else and how you can get there with ease and joy.
When I get asked questions like this one this reader sent in last week, I automatically think about what I LOVE about what I do.
I think my job is one of the simplest and most fulfilling in the cannabis industry and here’s why-
- It’s full of impact and service. I get to help people change their lives every day and I get to spread the word about this plant and teach people how to use it.
- It’s not chained to a desk, the indoors or anything really. I work from wherever I want, so if I want to travel, or pick up and move, I can do that without rocking my business boat.
- It’s crisis-proof. If I really need to, I can take weeks and months off at a time without worrying about money.
- It’s interesting, flexible and dynamic. I choose my own hours and pick what I do everyday, which means that I never get bored and am always learning new things.
- It’s 100% legal. It doesn't require me to jump through the crazy regulatory hoops that other legal cannabis businesses do.
- And I make a solid living doing it.
So of course, when someone asks me what the best job in the cannabis industry is, I look around at what everyone else is doing and think, “yeah… it's my job for sure.”
No offense to what everyone else has going on. I love that people get to choose their own path in this new industry.
But my job is just perfect for the lifestyle that I want. I love prioritizing self care and health, working low hours but having high impact, traveling to beautiful places and working with inspiring people and getting to spend time with my kiddo doing the things that we love.
If this sounds like the path you want to take, check out the Cannabis Coaching Institute. We just started a new round of the program last week and are closing enrollment for the year on December 15th. By joining us now, you could be taking clients and helping people by the new year!
As always, standard disclosures apply
Our Disclaimer: We are not doctors, lawyers, nutritionists, pharmacists, etc. This website, blog and all its contents are for informational purposes only and contain only the opinions of the author. We make no claims as to it’s accuracy. Please consult a doctor before making any changes to your health.
FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Plants Everyday, Inc. assumes no responsibility for the improper use of and self-diagnosis and/or treatment using these products.