I’ve been wanting to post about this for a year, almost to the day. That’s how long I’ve been using the Magical Butter Machine as my primary infusion device.
If you knew me before I started this whole cookbook thing, you’ll know that I am generally a kitchen minimalist. I usually can’t stand anything that has one use, is hard to clean, or is not useable after an EMP style apocalypse.
Even though the Magical Butter is a three prong plug away from being a post-apocalyptic appliance, and even though it serves primarily one function, and even though making cannabis infused oils and butters is super easy to do in a crockpot, on the stove, in a double boiler with hash or by using the mason jar cannabis oil method…
I absolutely LOVE having the Magical Butter in my kitchen.
I was really skeptical at first. I mean, the crockpot method suited me just fine, and if this was just a fancy machine for making cannabis oil, I wasn’t that impressed. I’ll admit that I talked smack about how ridiculous it was to have a machine that could do something so easy. But when I visited the magical butter site and started snooping around, there were recipes for tinctures, body care, candies and a whole bunch of other infused products that I really wanted to play with. I got so inspired and motivated to try a bunch of new things.
When you’re making edibles and topicals, you’re using an expensive and sometimes illusive ingredient, so it can be stifling. You don’t want to risk ruining a batch, so you stick with the same thing.
Why do you think brownies were the only edible that people made en masse until all of those awesome decriminalization and legalization efforts? Because it worked, and nobody wanted to waste an eighth trying to figure out something else that would.
When you start growing your own organic cannabis and you have your own trim and homemade solvent free bubble hash, you can afford to make some mistakes, but when you’re buying cannabis at retail or medical prices, it’s risky to try a new method.
I can honestly say that bringing the Magical Butter in my life completely changed the way I look at edibles. Since I made the switch, I’ve made more types of cannabis tincture (alcohol, vegetable glycerine, honey), salves, weed lube, and oils than I ever would have without it.
I’m aware that the next sentence is going to sound cheesy as shit. But since I got a Magical Butter, the whole world of edibles and topicals has opened up to me. In one night, I made my entire family cannabis infused christmas gifts in the MB2. I whipped up cannabis infused coconut oil for cooking, a ylang ylang weed lube and a tea tree beeswax salve in just a couple of hours.
Magical Butter MB2 Review
I’m a huge fan of pros and cons lists. So let’s do this.
- Temperature Settings (keep terps, flavanoids and cannabinoids in tact and make for the best possible tasting butter or oil)
- Self Cleaning
- Easier Straining (with the love glove and purify filter)
- Auto Stir/Grind
- The colorful flashing lights really jazz up the kitchen and get you really excited about whatever infusion is in there.
- Customer Service
- Great for more than just cannabis oil or butter. I love it for quick tinctures, herbal infusions and body care.
- Smell… it’s not smell proof, but it’s much much better than the crockpot and just as solid as the mason jar method.
- My first Magical Butter had a not-so-magical melt down :\ Yep. That happened. It was the first time I was making a grain alcohol tincture. I didn’t even consider that doing that activity at high altitude would make any difference, but about 20 minutes into it, it started smoking, all of the alcohol evaporated and the machine turned off. I called the Magical Butter folks and they sent out a new one right away that had a low temp and no temp (agitation only) button for higher elevations. I’ve used both since then to make alcohol tinctures with no issues.
- Small batches. It doesn’t handle them well. There’s a minimum fill line that (if I’m not mistaken) takes about 2-3 cups of material to reach. If you don’t have access to a decent amount of cannabis (at least 14 grams/half oz) and oil, it’s probably not time for an upgrade.
- Price. If you don’t make edibles or other herbal infusions more than a couple of times a year, it’s hard to rationally justify. But it’s also so fun to use that it doesn’t really rationally matter. If you like edibles and potopicals, or you’re using cannabis as medicine, you’ll create so much more and have way more fun doing it.
I’ve become a total fanboy after using it for over a year (in case you couldn’t tell) and I routinely recommend it to friends who grow their own cannabis and are looking for different ways to use and process their trim.
The Magical Butter helps me process and store trimmings from my medical marijuana quickly and turn it into infused oils, cannabis honey, weed lubricant, topical pain relief salves and quick tinctures when the trim is still packed with terpenes, flavonoids and the full spectrum of cannabinoids. The longer your trim sits out, the more those compounds degrade, so I consider the Magical Butter an indispensable harvest tool as well.
Magical Butter Coupon Code
A quick word to the wise if you just came here to grab a coupon code for the Magical Butter or find out the cheapest place to get one. I recommend staying away from Amazon and Ebay even though the machine can be cheaper on there sometimes, because the machine is not under warranty if you purchase from those resellers. I have no idea why. It’s just what it is. And since I had an issue with mine, I was really glad that mine was covered and that I had access to customer service.
Awesomely enough, the coupon code makes buying the Magical Butter from the source even cheaper than on Amazon.
So without further ado…
The folks at Magical Butter gave me a $30 coupon to pass on to all of you. Follow THIS LINK and enter the magical butter coupon code: wakeandbake
Let me know if you have anything more to add in the comments section below.
FYI: Using the coupon kicks money back this-a way and purchases made through it go to keeping Wake & Bake online. Thank you for saving money and supporting a tiny business at the same time.
Disclaimer: This is not intended as medical advice. I’m not a doctor. I’m also not a lawyer and can’t defend you if you get busted trying to make this recipe in a state that still considers possession or cultivation of cannabis a criminal act. I don’t agree with this law, but I’d never advocate that you break it. Jail would suck. Instead, I strongly advise that you work to change the law in your state or nation by supporting and being active in grassroots organizations that are trying to legalize cannabis in your area (they’re everywhere). This recipe is heretoforth only intended for people who live in states or countries where medical or recreational use of cannabis is legal, who are 21 and older, of sound mind and who understand that operating heavy machinery (cars, trucks, planes, etc.) under the influence of any intoxicant, including marijuana, is incredibly dangerous, immature, and wholly stupid. Please don’t ever eat and drive. Support public transportation or use the two legs that evolution gave you and walk your sweet ass wherever it is that you need to go.Thank you for supporting this site with purchases made through links in this article.